▶ Symposium presentations
- The duration of the presentations differs depending on the session. Please follow the chairperson's directions.
▶ General oral presentations
- Each presenter is allocated 10 minutes for presentations, and 5 minutes for discussion.
- Please be advised that presentations exceeding the limit will be cut off by the moderators in the interest of time.
Preparing for Presentations
- Presenters must prepare their presentations in English.
- The electronic file for each presentation should be named "Presentation number_Author's Full name" (for example, O1-01-1_John Doe).
- Please confirm your presentation number informed via an e-mail.
- All presenters must use the disclosure slide to present Conflict of Interest (COI) after the title slide. This is a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT. If there is any COI, the presenter should use the disclosure slide to present COI after the title slide, in order to clarify the names of companies and/or associations in question. If there is no COI, the presenter should indicate 'I have no financial relationships to disclose.'
- All presenters are asked to save their presentation in a USB storage device in a format that can be read by MS Office PowerPoint 2010/2013 on a Windows-based PC.
- As a general rule, presenterss are not allowed to use their own laptops, tables or other devices to give their presentations. Presenters must upload their presentation to the Windows-based lap computer in the session room.
✱The memory, OS and software of the computers in the session room are as follows:
Memory 4 GB
OS Windows7 (32 bits)
Software Power Point 2010, 2013
- For a proper presentation, please use the following fonts: Arial, Arial Black, Arial Narrow, Century, Century Gothic, Courier New, Georgia, Helvetica, Symbol or Times New Roman.
- Presenters who need to use a Mac computer must bring own their Mac computer with a VGA Display Port adapter (VGA 15 pin female output). Note that the electric voltage in Japan is 100 Volts and that the outlet fits into a Type A plug (compatible with North American outlets).
*All electronic files copied to the computer in the session room for presentation will be deleted immediately after the conference.
What to Do On-site
1. Note the day, time, and Session Room Number of your presentation.
2. Bring with you a copy of your presentation on a USB flash drive to the Session Room to be uploaded onto the session laptop during the coffee break or poster session as indicated below. We recommend that presenters scheduled for the morning should have their presentations ready the day before, while those scheduled for the afternoon should have theirs ready by lunch.
|Presenters scheduled for||Time for uploading your personation|
|June 27, Monday afternoon||Mon 11:30 - 13:00|
|June 28, Tuesday morning||Mon 11:30 - 13:00, 15:30 - 16:00|
|June 28, Tuesday afternoon||Tue 10:30 - 11:00, 12:30 - 13:30|
|June 29, Wednesday morning||Tue 12:30 - 13:30, 16:00 - 16:30|
3. Come to the session room early enough before the session begins, and meet the chairs. You are requested to be seated at the next speaker's seat provided at the front row of the room at least 10 minutes before your presentation.
Preparing for Poster Presentations
- Presenters will be provided a W900 X H2100mm poster board and mounting pins.
- The presentation number is to be attached by the organizer in the upper left corner of the board.
- Please confirm your presentation number informed via e-mail.
- The recommended poster size is A0 (W841 X H1189 mm).
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- All presenters must declare Conflict of Interest (COI). This is a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT. If there is any COI, the presenter should use the disclosure format for the last of the poster, in order to clarify the names of companies and/or associations in question. If there is no COI, the presenter should indicate 'I have no financial relationships to disclose.'
Poster Presentation Time
Poster boards will be displayed over two days: Monday, June 27 and Tuesday, June 28. Posters will be displayed throughout the day in which they have been scheduled. Presenters of poster sessions are requested to be present in front of their own poster boards from 12:00 to 13:00 on Monday, June 27 (session P1) or 12:30 to 13:30 on Tuesday, June 28 (session P2) .
Mounting and Removal of Posters
▶ Poster session P1: Monday, June 27
Presenters are responsible for mounting their posters by 9:30 on Monday, June 27.
Presenters must remove their posters between 18:00 and 18:30 on Monday, June 27.
▶ Poster session P2: Tuesday, June 28
Presenters are responsible for mounting their posters by 9:00 on Tuesday, June 28.
Presenters must remove their posters between 18:00 and 18:30 on Tuesday, June 28.
*Any posters that are not removed by the end of each session will be removed and discarded at the end of conference.
Call for pre-conference workshop proposals
The ISEE-ISES AC2016 would like to invite proposals for pre-conference workshops held on Sunday, June 26, 2016.
Pre-conference workshops are designed to be tutorials on a topic of interest to conference participants, or an opportunity for interaction around an emerging issue in environmental epidemiology and exposure sciences.
Call for post-conference workshop proposals
(Students and New Researchers activity)
The ISEE-ISES AC2016 would like to invite proposals for post-conference workshops held in the afternoon of Wednesday, June 29, 2016. This is the last day of the conference.
Post-conference workshop is particularly designed for students and new researchers to have an opportunity of learning and training.
Some of the topics that students and new researchers might be interested in are:
Submission for pre/post conference workshop proposals
These workshops are open to all conference participants during registration, until they reach a pre-set limit of attendance.
Pre-conference workshops can be half-day (2.5 hr-long/ 9:00-11:30 or 12:30-15:00) or full- day (6 hr-long including 1hr lunch break/ 9:00-15:00). Post-conference workshops will be 4hr-long/ 12:00-16:00 (including lunch). Workshops will be bookable on the conference registration website. Conference organizers will collect fees (\4,000 for full-day and \2,000 for half-day) directly and provide organizational support for all workshops. The fee for workshops will cover the cost of a room with audiovisual support at the conference venue, as well as coffee and beverages during the meeting. For full-day workshop, the fee will also cover lunch of participants. For post-conference workshops, there will be no charge for attendance as the aim of workshops is training/education of students and new researchers. If your workshop has additional expenses for participant materials and supplies, the workshop can charge an additional amount to cover these expenses. Ordinarily, speakers/organizers do not receive any honoraria or reimbursement for travel expenses.
To propose a workshop, please provide the following information:
Please send workshop proposals (PDF or word format) to ISEE-AC2016@cehs.hokudai.ac.jp with "ISEE-ISES AC2016 Workshop Proposal" in the subject of the email.
The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2016.
Decisions regarding workshops will be sent to applicants by February 6, 2016.
Questions or concerns should be directed to the attention of: ISEE-AC2016@cehs.hokudai.ac.jp
Call for Symposia
The call for symposia is open now. Please download and fill the application form. Please select and specify the topic(s) of your symposium in the application form. You can find list of topics in this page. Also, please specify some key words in your application form. After filling the application form, please send your application to secretariat of the symposium: ISEE-AC2016@cehs.hokudai.ac.jp
The deadline for submission of your applications will be December 31st 2015.
Note 1: Please increase or decrease the number of speakers if necessary.
Note 2: Time limit for each session frame is 90 minutes. If you need more than 90 minutes for holding
a symposium, please apply for two or more sessions.
Note 3:The deadline for submission of your applications will be December 31st 2015. Each applicant
will receive a communication by e-mail with the final decision in January, 2016.
Note 4:Because of budget limitation, we are not able to provide financial support to individuals for attending conferences or related travel expenses.
Air Pollution and Health / Climate Change and Health / Developmental Origins of Health and Diseases / Endocrine Disruptors / Environment and Child Health / Environment and Reproductive Health / Environmental Disasters / Ethics / Exposure to Metals and Health / Exposure Science / Food Safety / Genes and the Environment / Hazardous Waste / Health Promotion / Indoor Air Quality / Risk Management and Risk Communication / Social Environment and Health / Urbanization and Health / Water and Soil Quality / Work Environment and Health / etc.